Monday, November 5, 2007

The Simple Gospel



Ok so I was again struck by a thought that popped out of an unseeming passage in the scripture. I was so excited and there was no one awake here to share it with so I thought I'd share with all here:)
My daily reading was in Numbers 19! The Red Heifer and the water of separation. When I first began reading I wondered again what could I glean from this but here is how my thought process went today.
The ash from the burnt heifer mixed with water,sprinkled on anything or anyone, cleansed from the contact made with a dead person. There was provision made for a person to be cleansed from sin. ("...and it{the ashes} shall be kept for the congreagation of the children of Israel for a water of separation: it is a purification for sin." verse 9)
God gave the instruction and provided the means to carry out the instructions. All that remained was the obedience of the offender.
This reminds me of Christ!
He gave the instructions "Verily, verily I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." John 5:24
The instructions?--> Hear the word, Believe!
The provision?-----> Jesus Christ!
"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
(Romans 6:23)
That's the GOSPEL! Simple!

No comments: