Thursday, February 8, 2007

Recent Happenings

Today the sun is shining bright and the kids are both napping as I type away! I finally got batteries for our camera! Took pictures.. and alas.. i cannot find the cord to plug the camera into the computer:( So pictures will be forthcoming if I can find the cord(maybe Dave will know)

Anyhow. The Lord provides in ways that we just can't imagine and can hardly begin to thank Him for! Recently Dave got a bonus from work for the New Year. Also.. our old station wagon has recently been laid to rest as the shaking and backfiring were a little too much for the old beast to overcome! Thus we were in need of a new vehicle. Seeing as our family is expanding just about once every year or so we thought a van may be helpful as a next vehicle. We found a 97 plymouth voyager, green in colour and grey interior with double sliding doors just under our budget by about 100 dollars!! What a blessing from the Lord. We are so pleased.

Also.... Dave found out (get this!!) by talking to the car dealer that there was a QUILTING class starting up in town here. (I wonder how men in a car dealership get on to the topic of quilting!) Anyway happy for me.. Dave told me of it and offered to watch the children if I wanted to join the class!! What a gem! So I was there with smiles at my first class on Wednesday night. I chose pink (and if you know me at all you know I'm not a big pink fan) to make a double Irish chain quilt for my daughter Chloe. It's a twin so should do her till she's married! hehe. I'm quite thrilled and it gives this mom a little break to do something just for mom.

Other than that Dave is busy at work these days. Lots to do and they have hired one fellow from Europe who is here now for about 3 months. Also another fellow arrived from Ireland yesterday I think Dave said. All to be working with Dave. So it keeps him on his toes at work and often snoring on the sofa at home!:) It's amazing how they can sleep through children jumping and squealing all about them when they are tired!!

We still have our houseguest staying with us and I've had my ups and downs about the situation but a verse came to me today.. If a man asks you to go a mile go with him twain.. is that paraphrased? but most of you will know the verse I mean. It made me think that when we go the extra mile to help others in the name of Jesus what a great blessing He bestows on us. I've not always been a willing participant in this time and have struggled with my own emotions and feelings of having company in my home at all seasons. She has been a blessing in helping with certain chores and watching the kids now and then so I can have a shower or just run up town to do a couple errands without the children. We are still praying and trying to help her find a place for her to live and to be able to get her children to. So we will continue to pray and seek the wisdom and help from the Lord in this matter.

Ok enough babbling on for now I'll hopefully get a few pictures of the children and the van! up on the site in a day or two.
God Bless, Amy

1 comment:

me said...

Yay for quilting! You'll have to post a picture of the quilt when it becomes established. Still keeping you in my prayers regarding your company. What a huge blessing your family is to this woman-- funny how being a blessing doesn't come without challenges. Give Chloe and John a squeeze for me, I just love there "chubby" little cheeks. So cute.